Below, you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, what type of Cookies this website uses, how you can disable them in your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-party Cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that websites or applications install on the user’s browser or device (smartphone, tablet or connected TV) during their journey through the pages of the site or application, and serve to store information about their visit.
- Ensure that web pages can function correctly.
- Store preferences, such as the language you have selected or the font size.
- Understand the user’s browsing experience.
- Collect anonymous statistical information, such as which pages the user has visited or how long the user has stayed on the website.
Types, purpose and operation
Cookies, depending on their permanence, can be divided into session or permanent cookies. The former expire when the user closes the browser. The latter expire when the purpose for which they are used is fulfilled (for example, to keep the user identified on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
Additionally, depending on their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (registration): They are those essential for the correct functioning of the page. They are normally generated when the user accesses the website or logs in to it and are used to identify the user on the website with the following objectives:
– To keep the user identified so that, if he/she leaves the website, browser or device and at another time accesses the website again, he/she will continue to be identified, thus facilitating his/her browsing without having to identify him/herself again.
– Check if the user is authorized to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance: They are used to improve the browsing experience and optimize the operation of the website, such as storing service configurations, or storing the purchase made in a shopping cart.
- Advertising: They are those that collect information about the advertisements shown to users of the website. They can be of two types:
– Anonymous: They only collect information about the advertising spaces displayed on the website, regardless of the user accessing the website, i.e., without expressly identifying him/her.
– Personalized: They collect personal information from the user of the website by a third party, for the personalization of such advertising spaces.
- Geo-location: These Cookies are used to find out in which country or region the user is located when accessing a website service in order to offer him/her content or services appropriate to his/her location.
- Analytical: They collect information about the user’s browsing experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes they also allow to uniquely and unequivocally identify the user in order to obtain reports on the interests of users in the services offered by the website.
If the user so wishes, it is possible to stop accepting browser Cookies, or to stop accepting Cookies from a particular service.
All modern browsers allow you to change the Cookies settings. These settings are usually found in the “Options” or “Preferences” menu of the browser.
The browser configuration, for example:
- Google Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=es&answer=95647
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH17191?locale=es_ES
Other third-party tools, available online, allow users to detect Cookies on each website they visit and manage their deactivation (e.g. Ghostery: http://www.ghostery.com/privacy-statement).
What happens when disabling Cookies?
Some features and services may be disabled or have a different behavior than expected, for example, remain identified, keep purchases in the “shopping cart” in an e-commerce service or receive information targeted to your location, among others.
Cookies used on this website
Below is a table with the Cookies used on this website, incorporating a criterion of “level of intrusiveness” supported on a scale of 1 to 3, in which:
- Level 1: corresponds to Cookies strictly necessary for the provision of the service itself requested by the user.
- Level 2: corresponds to performance Cookies (anonymous) necessary for the maintenance of content and navigation, of which it is only necessary to inform about their existence.
Maintaining a user’s session
Internal measurement with Google Analytics.
Internal measurement with Google Analytics.
Additional warranties and revocation of acceptance
Beetle Management is not responsible for the content and accuracy of the privacy policies of third party components included on this website.
As an additional guarantee, the registration of Cookies on this website may be subject to the Acceptance of Cookies by the user during the visit to the website, the installation or updating of the browser used, and this acceptance may at any time be revoked through the available content and privacy configuration options already discussed in point 3 of this Cookies Policy.
Beetle Management may modify this Cookies Policy according to legislative or regulatory requirements, or in order to adapt this policy to the instructions issued by the Spanish Data Protection Agency, so users are advised to visit it periodically.
When significant changes occur in this Cookies Policy, users will be informed either through the web or via email to registered users.